Established in 1931, with a role as the main and vital collector and provider of knowledge resources for National Cheng Kung University (NCKU) and Southern Taiwan, National Cheng Kung University Library (NCKU Library) provides high-quality resources for teaching, research and education while actively engaging in collaborations with other international libraries. The NCKU Library is committed to connecting all on-and-off-campus units as well as domestic and foreign units, promoting exchange and dissemination of knowledge resources and knowledge innovation. It offers users a diverse and interdisciplinary learning environment, embracing social responsibility by providing knowledge fundamental to cooperating and interacting with local communities. Consequently, it fulfills the social responsibility of a university library while implementing the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals and concurrently integrating all diversified resources into a center of comprehensive knowledge convergence, knowledge creation and knowledge sharing. Developmental goals of the NCKU Library are to:
1. Create a center of comprehensive knowledge convergence and provide a high-quality system that supports teaching and research.
2. Introduce international academic capacity into NCKU.
3. Cultivate technological humanism and citizen literacy.
4. Foster interdisciplinary learning and knowledge innovation.
5. Fulfill university social responsibility and practice localized connectivity.